With proper care, Cheaney shoes will give comfort, value and service over a considerable time. However, if after wear you wish to extend the life of your Cheaney shoes, we are able, because of the quality of the materials used in the original manufacturing process, to offer a full refurbishment service.
At the moment it's taking around 10 working weeks to refurbish a pair of Cheaney shoes undergoing, as they do, many of the same processes as when they were first made.
On arrival, the shoes are carefully assessed and placed on the original lasts. The soles and heels are removed, along with the welts and, if necessary, insoles. With skill and care, our crafts people rebuild the shoes, using genuine components and reconstruct it to its original specifications. Finally they are refinished in the shoe room and given new laces and box.
As they enter the factory, the shoes are carefully assessed and placed on the original lasts. The soles and heels are removed, along with the welts and, if necessary, insoles. With skill and care, our crafts people rebuild the shoes, using genuine imperial components and reconstruct it to its original specifications. Finally they are polished, boxed with new laces and then returned to you.
The Imperial Refurbishment is only applicable to shoes from our Imperial Collection.
On arrival, the shoes are carefully assessed and placed on the original lasts. The heels are stripped off, keeping the sole intact. With skill and care, our crafts people rebuild the heel, using genuine components and reconstruct it to its original specification. Finally they are polished, boxed with new laces and then returned to you.
Our repairs department can usually resole shoes and boots up to three times – this is dependent upon how well they have been cared for during their time with you. By sending your footwear for repair, you acknowledge and accept the associated risks.
Before initiating the repair process, our team conducts a thorough inspection. During this inspection, if we determine that your footwear is beyond repair due to its age or condition, or if we believe that it may not withstand the repair process, we will contact you to advise, refund the cost of the repair and return the footwear to you.
Occasionally, we may proceed with a repair on an "Own Risk" basis. This means that our team have identified potential risks of the shoes breaking down during the repair process. In such cases, we will contact you to discuss the situation, and you would need to agree that we can proceed with the repair while acknowledging that we are not liable for any issues that may arise.
It is important to note that the true extent of the footwear's repairability may only become apparent once the repair process has commenced. If it is determined that the footwear is beyond repair at that stage, we will contact you to advise and refund the cost of the repair, but we will not provide a replacement pair.
While our manufacturing process produces exceptionally handcrafted, durable footwear, we do not offer a lifetime guarantee.
1. Pack your footwear securely in a suitable box, make sure to remove any shoe trees & shoe bags
2. Print out a copy of the order confirmation and enclose it with your shoes
3. Create a Free Royal Mail Returns label by clicking the return my item(s) button below
4. Enter your order number as the reference
5. Print and apply the label to your item ensuring you do not place any tape over the barcode so it can be easily scanned.
6. Drop off your item at a Post Office branch or Royal Mail Customer Service Point and then you’ll receive proof of posting
Or use Royal Mail's free label printing service
7. We will email you to confirm we have received the parcel and again when the refurbishment process has started
- The Imperial refurbishment is specifically for shoes from our Imperial Collection. They feature In-channel stitched oak bark leather soles. If you are unsure if your shoes are from this collection then please contact us
- For a Standard & Imperial Refurbishment it's currently taking around 10 working weeks
- For a Heel only repair its currently taking around 2 working weeks
- Unfortunately no, if you have had your shoes repaired elsewhere we would not be able to offer our refurbishment service
- Yes we can
- No we do not offer this service
- No unfortunately we cant, as the elastic is stitched on when the upper is flat
- We’re unable to ship to any P.O Boxes or Mail forwarding companies. Make sure your order has a residential or work address to avoid your order being cancelled.
Our factory is closed for annual holidays on the dates shown and therefore these dates will not count towards the estimated processing times of your repair.
02 Jan - 03 Jan
06 Apr - 12 Apr
01 May - 02 May
26 May - 05 Jun
20 July - 07 Aug
28 Aug - 29 Aug
29 Sep - 09 Oct
22 Dec - 02 Jan
01 Jan - 02 Jan
28 Mar - 03 Apr
24 May - 03 Jun
26 July - 12 Aug
26 Aug - 27 Aug
27 Sep - 07 Oct
20 Dec - 02 Jan