Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the "Services") are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the "Terms of Service"). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service. Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts, or all, of this Website
2. Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Despatch times may vary according to availability and any guarantees or representations made as to delivery times are limited to mainland UK and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible. Please see our Delivery Charges notice for further information. In order to contract with Cheaney you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. Cheaney retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods
a) Our Contract When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods which you ordered have been despatched to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of despatch will be included in the contract formed
b) Pricing and Availability Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices which appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. All prices are inclusive of VAT within the EU. Delivery within the UK will be free of charge
c) Payment Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard pre-authorisation check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfill the transaction. Goods will not be dispatched until this pre-authorisation check has been completed
d) Please be aware that orders from Non-EU countries have the Value Added Tax (VAT) at 20% deducted at source when you select the country of delivery on our website. Customers may incur some Duty or Tax payment on delivery depending on your country's import laws. This is not the responsibility of Cheaney Shoes. Any parcels returned to us due to the customer refusing to pay local duty will be refunded LESS the cost of the return postage to us
4. Prohibitions You must not misuse this Website. You will not: commit or encourage a criminal offence; transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or post any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene; hack into any aspect of the Service; corrupt data; cause annoyance to other users; infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights; send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam"; or attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this Website. Breaching this provision would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Cheaney Shoes Limited (“Cheaney”) will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
5. Intellectual Property, Software and Content The intellectual property rights in all software and content made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of Cheaney or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Cheaney and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. You shall not modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Cheaney. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are similar without the written permission of Cheaney
6. Disclaimer of Liability The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law Cheaney hereby expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. This does not affect Cheaney’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
7. Linking to this Website You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Disclaimer as to ownership of trade marks, images of personalities and third party copyright Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and images of third party products, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with Cheaney and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to Cheaney
8. Indemnity You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cheaney, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use this Website or your breach of the Terms of Service
9. Variation Cheaney shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
10. Invalidity If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law
11. Complaints We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments
12. Waiver If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction These terms and conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
14. Entire Agreement The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Cheaney. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Cheaney
Cheaney Shoes Limited (Cheaney) is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks and for the purposes of customer research and profiling or where we have your express permission to do so
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party (excluding partners from whom you may have linked to our site) without your permission.
Communication & Marketing
If you have made a purchase from any of our retail premises or on-line shop, we may occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and stored on your hard drive. If you use our website like many others, your computer will store cookies which will save you time each time you visit the site. It is used to remember your preferences such as size, colour, fit, preferred sole, country and if you have added any items to a basket. We display a warning message and if you continue to use the site, we assume you are happy to receive the cookie that make the site work. You can clear this message, which also stores a cookie so we don't have to keep asking you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent. Different browsers and computers vary how they handle this to please check help pages within the browser you use. Site Statistics We may disclose aggregate, anonymised statistics about the number of visitors to this Website or number of purchases made as required by our investors. We use an independent measurement and research company to gather data regarding the visitors to this Website on our behalf using cookies and code which is embedded in the site. Both the cookies and the embedded code provide statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the duration of individual page view, paths taken by visitors through the site, data on visitors' screen settings and other general information. Cheaney uses and stores this type of information, as with that obtained from other cookies used on the site, to help it improve the services to its users.
Transfers of your Information
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, for example, be required in order to process your payment details. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Disclosures of your information We may disclose your personal information to third parties: in the event that Cheaney sells or buys any business or assets; if Cheaney or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cheaney, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Third party sites Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Checking your Detail
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to Cheaney you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address or address given below. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information. Contacting us Cheaney Shoes Limited (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). You have the right to access the information which Cheaney holds about you and your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. We are always pleased to hear from our customers and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at: Cheaney Shoes Limited Rushton Road Desborough Northamptonshire NN14 2RR